Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Mill Berlin is The Mill's newest studio – opening its doors in 2019 to serve the German and wider European advertising and creative communities. The boutique studio in the heart of Berlin includes The Mill's full range of creative services from colour to experiential and interactive, as well as world-class visual effects, design and creative origination.
A Producer at The Mill is a manager with responsibilities for sales, sourcing new business, maximizing resource usage, quoting and cost negotiation of projects. Tasked with achieving creative excellence, best customer service and maximizing profitability for The Mill, you will manage projects to ensure the delivery of creatively successful and profitable outcomes to specific deadlines.
• Prepare accurate and high detailed budgets and advising on high end VFX work.
• Plan, coordinate and lead projects from storyboard through to final delivery.
• Ensuring correct scheduling of sessions.
• Manage project negotiation and utilize all resources efficiently.
• Work alongside Leads and creative supervisors to track and manage projects.
• Manage resources and ensure a strong line of communication between teams and all support departments.
• Anticipate and communicate issues to supervisors or department heads.
• Oversee the execution of all masters and final client deliveries.
• Reconciling and billing all costs as per client requirements and internal standards.
• Answering client technical queries or liaising with operators or technical staff to obtain and provide requested information.
• Help to maintain a positive, upbeat and professional atmosphere to each project, being proactive and solution-orientated.
• Supervise and ensure quality control on all projects and give feedback to appropriate creative, production and operational personnel.
• Monitor and review project demands on creative artists and ensure that they have sufficient support staff and resources for each project.
• Provide ongoing line management during projects, managing the welfare of both creative and production teams.
• Advise clients on VFX techniques and shooting requirements.
• Monitor and ensure the most effective use of the company's technical, creative and resources to deliver a successful outcome on projects both locally and internationally.
• Keep abreast of new techniques and equipment available on-site.
• Understanding of, and interest in, new trends and developments in the wider field is essential.
What you'll need
• Highly organized
• Exemplary time/project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to prioritize conflicting tasks
• Able to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work within a team towards a common goal
• Strong knowledge of techniques within VFX
• Understanding of common file formats and resolutions
• 3-4 years experience as a Producer
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d916v9-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.