New York, NY
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Mill Experience is a strategic studio within The Mill creating mixed reality, virtual events, experiential activations and interactive products for brands and agencies.
The globe-spanning team of forward-thinking technologists and creatives works on innovation consultancy, project management, design, and execution to dream and build concepts beamed from the future.
From augmented reality to artificial intelligence, we use our unrivaled expertise to craft memorable visual experiences to engage and captivate audiences.
The Mill is looking for a Technical Director who would act as the Lead when arriving at technical solutions in executing Artistic visions for a project. The TD will work with TAs, Creatives, and Developers to forecast and plan solutions to achieve the creative vision within the scope of resources.
• Support the project teams with the technical implementation in Unreal Engine for Virtual Productions and Character work.
• Support the VFX team with exporting assets from Maya to Unreal
• Help drive the planning and implementation of editor and tools features
• Create and debug blueprints, shader and materials graphs throughout production
• Create and debug custom C++ blueprint nodes and backend systems
• Be responsible for the overall performance of the project
• Help mentor the developers and technical artists on the team. And work with leadership towards the growth of the department.
• Able to think creatively and resolve technical challenges and limitations.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis.
• Artistically as well as technically inclined
• An understanding of basic cinematography principals.
• Strong teamwork ethic
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Positive attitude and a genuine team player
• A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
• Strong time management & organization skills.
• Extensive knowledge of Unreal Engine including in depth knowledge of Blueprint
• Excellent C++ skills
• CG Generalist skill set using Maya for cinematic, game, television, or commercial projects.
• Compile custom builds of Unreal Engine supporting proprietary plugins.
• Python skills a plus!
• Solid experience working with real-time engines
• Highly experienced in working as part of a development team for Virtual Production or Character work
• Experience with Virtual Production workflows and hardware
• Experience with Character setups for live and cinematic recordings within Unreal Engine
• Experience with supporting lighting, rigging, modeling, and texturing in Unreal Engine
• Experience supporting realistic environments for cinematics using Unreal Engine
• Experience building pipeline tools for production in either Maya, Houdini and/or Unreal
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkqe8-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.