The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production. Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Mill Experience is a strategic studio within The Mill creating mixed reality, virtual events, experiential activations and interactive products for brands and agencies.
The globe-spanning team of forward-thinking technologists and creatives works on innovation consultancy, project management, design, and execution to dream and build concepts beamed from the future.
From augmented reality to artificial intelligence, we use our unrivaled expertise to craft memorable visual experiences to engage and captivate audiences.
The Mill is looking for an accomplished Technical Artist with UE4 Blueprints development skills. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of art and animation pipelines in general and of the content creation pipeline and Blueprints system in Unreal. A high level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts is critical. The Technical Artist will assist teams of artists in tackling projects and be equipped to provide support on complicated technical issues within Unreal.
• Work with the Creatives & Developers to realize the vision into Unreal
• Look Development of the Style and Design of the project vision
• Work with Traditional CG artists on asset creation and digestion into Unreal
• Texturing / Shading / Lighting of assets to be used within Unreal
• Visual and Quality Control during creative projects
• Offering your vision and point of view of style and quality
• Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition)
• Ability to work with technical documentation
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Positive attitude and a genuine team player
• Great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity is also important
• Knowledge of high level coding language. (Python, MaxScript, Perl, C#, etc.)
• Modelling and art tools (Autodesk Maya, Substance Painter, Photoshop, etc.)
• Experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally with Unreal.
• Professional quality experience creating content within Unreal.
• Unreal Blueprint experience.
• Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art)
• Experienced with all aspects of Character Creation for Cinematics
• Experienced with Motion Capture & Animation within Unreal.
• Experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus
• Experience with Unreal Shaders and workflows.
• Experienced with scene layout, lighting and finishing of cinematic shots.
• Experienced with Motion Capture, Virtual Production and Real-time Projects.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5ew2-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.