The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
We are looking for Unreal Technical Artists to join our VFX department in London.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
• Solid grounding in Unreal, with at least 1.5 to 2 years of Unreal experience
• Good understanding of linear content creation workflows in Feature/TV Animation or VFX
• Strong grasp of core components of Unreal Engine such as Material Editor and Shaders, Animation, Layout, Sequencer, Lighting etc
• Comfortable with Blueprint creation/modification
• Excellent knowledge of the Unreal Engine asset and animation pipelines
• Experience with Maya and/or Houdini
• Deadline oriented; able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Be a keen problem solver. Have the ability to pick up new workflows and feedback
• Experience with live compositing - Ultimatte
• Familiarity with DMX systems, especially in a studio setting.
• Experience with character rigging and retargeting for Unreal Engine
• Experience with the Unreal Python API
• Experience with Maya and or Houdini
• Experience with real time camera tracking, Mo-Sys/Ncam systems.
• Good knowledge of setting up particle systems in Niagara (UE4)
• Efficient with in-engine effects using Niagara (particles, explosions, fire, lightning etc.)
• Exposure to UE4 Fur/Hair Tools