The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production. Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Mill Experience is a strategic studio within The Mill creating mixed reality, virtual events, experiential activations and interactive products for brands and agencies.
The globe-spanning team of forward-thinking technologists and creatives works on innovation consultancy, project management, design, and execution to dream and build concepts beamed from the future.
From augmented reality to artificial intelligence, we use our unrivaled expertise to craft memorable visual experiences to engage and captivate audiences.
The Mill is looking for an Unreal Engine Developer for Virtual Production Projects using the Unreal Game Engine. The ideal candidate will come with extensive Unreal experience. They will work within our Virtual Production team to support development utilizing game engine technology within the Film, Gaming, Theme-Park and VR industries.
• Responsible for writing and distributing any tool plugins
• Rapid Prototyping of new features utilizing the Unreal Engine
• Work with the supervisor to identify needs for custom, show-specific tools, for example review tools like laser pointer, measure, scrub playback etc
• Work with the technical artists and directors to define the project organization
• Lead optimization efforts to maintain the project performance
• Responsible for making builds and ensuring there is always a backup of working builds
• Project Source Control Management (Perforce experience absolutely necessary)
• UI Programming
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis
• A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
• Artistically as well as technically inclined
• Strong time management & organization skills
• Strong teamwork ethic
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Positive attitude and a genuine team player
• C++ & blueprints. Know how to write plugins for Unreal and be proficient with the Unreal build system
• Source control
• Slate/UMG (Unreal UI systems)
• 3D Math (linear algebra)
• Shading Languages a plus (HLSL etc)
• Solid experience working with real-time engines
• Have shipped a Virtual Production project
• Able to think creatively and resolve technical challenges and limitations
• Understanding of the entire 3D rendering pipeline
• An understanding of basic cinematography principals
• Experience with VFX and FX workflows.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkqw8-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.