2D Pipeline Supervisor
Los Angeles, CA
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Mill in Los Angeles is looking for a Technical Operator to join our team. This role requires great attention to detail in order to ensure a high quality delivery to our clients. You will need to work well under pressure both individually and as a team member of the MCR dept.
• Have a solid knowledge of US & international broadcast standards both HD/SD
• Familiarity with encoding specs for digital delivery
• Transcode files using Episode, QuicktimePro, & Compressor
• Encode & QC files for broadcast digital delivery eg. Extreme Reach
• Operate HDCAM-SR, D5, Digi Beta, TBCs, digital routers and read Waveform/vector monitors
• Complete machine to machine edits
• Frame convert and down convert using HDCAMSR
• Black & Code HDCamSR & Digibeta tapes
• QCing all tape layoffs and file transcodes
• Author DVD and BluRay discs.
• Cost out worksheets ready for billing
• Upload edls, audio files and offlines to the appropriate places on the server.
• Upload files to Beam and ftp sites
• Create worksheets for dub requests
• Create tape labels
• Log tape contents
• Log material in and out of the building
• Operate Final Cut Pro
• Data Archive to LT06
• 2-3 years' experience required
• A degree in media or equivalent professional experience
• Hours are shifted and have the potential to be long including evenings and some weekends