Senior Facial Modeler
Los Angeles, CA
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
• Setting up the project source control (Perforce experience absolutely necessary)
• Working with the technical artist to define the project organization
• Work with the supervisor to identify need for custom, show-specific tools, for example review tools like laser pointer, measure, scrub playback etc.
• Responsible for writing and distributing any tool plugins - must be an efficient developer able to rapidly prototype
• Lead optimization efforts to maintain the show frame-rate at VR spec
• Responsible for making builds and ensuring there is always a backup of working builds
• UI Programming
• C++ & blueprints/python. Know how to write plugins for Unreal and be comfortable with the Unreal build system
• Source control • Slate/UMG (Unreal UI systems)
• 3D Math (linear algebra)
• Shading Languages a plus (HLSL etc)
• Understanding of the entire 3D rendering pipeline
• Knowledge of perforce P4V
• Able to think creatively and resolve technical challenges and limitations.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis.
• Artistically as well as technically inclined.
• Strong time management & organization skills.
• Strong teamwork ethic