London, United Kingdom
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
We are looking for Technical Artists who are experienced working with real-time technology, to work with our London team on a groundbreaking project starting next year.
This project requires a proactive person to work alongside multiple teams that will be integrating VFX with live production. You would be on-set, providing technical support to the CG team, looking after machines, debugging when a problem occurs.
• Solid grounding in Unreal, with at least 2 years of Unreal experience
• Strong grasp of core components of Unreal Engine such as Material Editor and Shaders, Blueprints, Animation, Layout, Sequencer, Lighting.
• Strong debugging/profiling experience, able to optimize scenes under pressure.
• Familiarity with a broadcast environment
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines
• Familiarity with DMX systems, especially in a studio setting.
• Experience working with Perforce or other source control software.
• Exposure to Fur/Hair features a plus
• Experience with live compositing - Ultimatte, Crystal Vision
• Experience with real time camera tracking, Mo-Sys/Ncam/Stype systems.
• Previous on-set experience