Creative Tech Developers
London, United Kingdom
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Systems Engineer role involves taking responsibility for the successful management and maintenance of all systems and services within The Mill, and ensures that the production services perform effectively, with minimal downtime and to the highest level of customer (internal and external) satisfaction. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimising key functional areas, particularly cloud infrastructure, server and network infrastructure, data and telecommunications systems. You will schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware, software and process problems in a timely, efficient and effective fashion.
You will be part of a team who takes ownership for effective provisioning of systems and services to the business and has responsibility for the operational integrity of all deployed technology and in ensuring that processes and governance are in place to minimize the risk to ongoing operations.
This role will report to the Head of Technology. They will work closely with the Systems and Development teams to ensure the successful transition of technology from design and implementation into operations through the application of knowledge transfer and capability management following a stringent and efficient change control process.
What you'll do:
• Systems Automation – Identify, Architect, Develop and Deploy infrastructure automation to optimize existing workflows, and enable new ways of working.
• Evangelise DevOps practices across the technology team, improving CI/CD practices, and enable the adoption of cloud infrastructure
• Ensure IT projects are managed effectively and efficiently and delivered via a structured plan
• Engage with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services are delivered effectively, efficiently and cost effectively.
• Establish and maintain regular written and verbal communications with department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure and local IT activities.
• Ensure that The Mill's systems and processes adhere to group cyber security policy. Actively monitoring the latest cyber security developments and alerts to form strategies for the mitigation of threats in The Mill's estate.
What you'll need:
• Linux experience (RHEL/Centos & Ubuntu) in corporate Desktop and Server environments
• Knowledge of Windows Server, Windows 10 and MacOS in corporate environments
• Experience configuring and maintaining secure and highly available web services
• Experience in managing perimeter and internal security practices, an awareness of the latest events and best practices in Cybersecurity
• Operational knowledge of the AWS cloud platform - EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, EKS, CloudFront
• VMWare configuration and management - vCenter, vSphere provisioning and maintaining physical and logical network routing and switching
• LDAP, Kerberos, Active Directory for machine and user authentication
• Configuring network protocols, such as - NFS, SMB, FTP, DNS
• Familiarity with configuration management tools – Such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef
• Exposure to Docker, or other container management systems.
• Ability to script with Bash, Python, or PowerShell
• Working with high level programming languages
• Experience of GCP and Azure cloud platforms
• Experience in the provisioning and operation of enterprise storage arrays
• Using Okta identity management platform
• Use log solutions such as Splunk, Kibana
• Configured Network & Infrastructure monitoring tools - Grafana
• Used DevOps tools - GIT, Jenkins, Perforce
• Worked on Infrastructure Deployment: Terraform, Helm, Kubernetes
• Experience in the negotiation and procurement of IT services and solutions
• Configuring Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, PCoIP, or other remote working tools.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.