Systems Administrator (Mid)
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Systems, the Mid Systems Administrator is responsible for executing and delivering a variety of tasks assigned to him.
• Responsible for the health and operations of local network, storage and systems
• Administer and manage high performance storage platforms and systems
• Administer Windows and Linux based servers
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues through thorough technical understanding of large scale networking and routing
• Communicate with multiple global technology support teams on a daily basis
• Proactively use monitoring tools to forecast technology areas requiring attention on a daily basis
• Identify and remediate storage and network bottlenecks, infrastructure-wide
• Ensure the timely and successful completion of all data backupss
• Proven experience working in an IT position
• Experience working with IT infrastructure in a media or high-performance computing environment is a definitive asset
• Excellent background in both Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred), Mac and Windows server administration
• In-depth knowledge and experience with networking, switch management and services (DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, etc.)
• Knowledge of IP networks, subnets and routing
• Experience in shell scripting
• Experience with Microsoft Exchange and VMware
• Degree in a technical discipline is an asset
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6n920-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.