The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production. Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
The Mill Chicago is currently looking for an experienced VFX Producer to join our commercials production department.
The ideal candidate for this varied and customer-focused role will have a minimum of several years experience in VFX post production. He/she will have an understanding of, and interest in, new trends and developments in the wider field is essential.
• Prepare accurate and high detailed budgets and advising on both high end VFX and fast turnaround adaptation work.
• Plan, coordinate and lead projects from storyboard through to final delivery.
• Ensuring correct scheduling of sessions.
• Manage project negotiation and utilize all resources efficiently.
• Work alongside Leads and creative supervisors to track and manage projects.
• Manage resources and ensure a strong line of communication between teams and all support departments.
• Anticipate and communicate issues to supervisors or department heads.
• Oversee the execution of all masters and final client deliveries.
• Reconciling and billing all costs as per client requirements and internal standards.
• Answering client technical queries or liaising with operators or technical staff to obtain and provide requested information.
• Help to maintain a positive, upbeat and professional atmosphere to each project, being proactive and solution-orientated.
• Lead, advise and train the Junior Production members of the team to ensure ongoing professional advancement.
• Supervise and ensure quality control on all projects and give feedback to appropriate creative, production and operational personnel.
• Monitor and review project demands on creative artists and ensure that they have sufficient support staff and resources for each project.
• Provide ongoing line management during projects, managing the welfare of both creative and production teams.
• Invest and nurture key client relationships, maintaining our current excellent client relationships.
• Research and source new and up and coming directing and creative talent.
• Maintain knowledge of movements within the industry.
• Devise and manage client hospitality events where appropriate.
• Oversee colleagues to ensure that they are building client relationships and sustaining creative partnerships with the company.
• Advise clients on post-production techniques and shooting requirements.
• Monitor and ensure the most effective use of the company's technical, creative and resources to deliver a successful outcome on projects both locally and internationally.
• Keep abreast of new techniques and equipment available on-site.
• Provide feedback and solutions to technical requirements and project workflow.
• Highly organized.
• Exemplary time/project management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to prioritize conflicting tasks.
• Able to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to work within a team towards a common goal.
• Understanding of common file formats and resolutions.
• Experience with Ceta is beneficial.
• 6-7 years minimum experience as a VFX Producer.
• Understanding of, and interest in, new trends and developments in the wider field is essential.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k1w1-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.