London, United Kingdom
The Mill and MPC Advertising have been global leaders in visual effects (VFX) for over 25 years and counting, with established facilities across the globe. We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to advertising, game cinematic trailers, virtual production and experiential entertainment. Some of our most famous projects include award-winning advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony, SSE, and IKEA and cinematic game trailers like Bungie's Destiny 2.
The Mill and MPC Advertising are part of Technicolor's premiere portfolio of VFX brands and services, working alongside Mr. X and Mikros to provide offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project.
This is a Senior Pipeline Developer role that contributes across the Advertising portfolio by assisting with implementing state of the art for bringing efficiency to artist and production workflows for jobs running concurrently across our global studios.
• Help bring efficiencies to the workflows of Artists across multiple jobs, departments and offices
• Work with a mix of local and remote team members to ensure realistic planning, scheduling, and regular deliveries of the results to internal clients
• Work with developers and vfx staff to improve and conform tools and workflows to a global roadmap and to emergent show necessities
• Produce documentation and support users in the maintenance phase, and contribute to demonstrations during exploratory phases
• Contribute to the development of new methods and tools aimed at optimizing the quality and speed across areas of expertise within VFX pipeline
• Improve and maintain existing tools to improve quality and reliability
• Proven experience in a VFX facility (artist-floor experience a bonus)
• A proven track record of working across multiple disciplines in a high-end VFX pipeline
• A problem solver at heart with the ability to quickly learn and use various APIs
• Excellent communication skills with Production as well as Technical staff
• Understanding of how data flows between departments of a VFXstudio
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree
• Strong knowledge of Python, Pyside/PyQt, C++
• Competency with Linux operating system and developing on this platform. Bonus: Windows developement skills
• Knowledge of key VFX application APIs: Maya, Houdini, Nuke (Flame and Unreal is a bonus)
• Knowledge of key VFX technologies like USD, OTIO, OCIO etc.
• Experience with integrating asset managemen systems with production tracking systems like Shotgun or fTrack
• Experience with Git (bonus if experienced with GitLab) and Databases (MySQL,SQLite), Confluence and JIRA
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team
• Positive attitude towards learning
• Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail
• Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work
with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re80y7-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.