The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in Shanghai, Seoul, London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Mill Shanghai is currently looking for a talented, technical, and creative Senior Motion Designer to join our Design lead creative team.
This role would suit someone looking to take the next step up into a larger VFX company with multiple VFX departments.
The Senior Motion Designer will contribute to our creative work across the department, working closely with other designers and VFX artists to deliver stunning work of the highest standard.
• Be a creative powerhouse across 2D, 3D, design, animation, story-telling and generally awesome ideas. A base of strong graphic design principles - typography, color theory, layout, and composition.
• Proven track record of leading teams, concepting work, pitching projects, client facing with confidence and working closely with senior heads of department within The Mill, again with confidence.
• Lead jobs on the visual front, ensuring we are creating the best possible creative output, working with the CD's to deliver visually captivating work.
• Have the ability to concept, design, deck build and create all manner of work, from cinematic style frames to abstract 3D motion ideas to making the best out of a brief, it is essential to push for better visual results every time. Nurture and mentor junior members of the team with design practice and methodology. From layout to color theory, form, function, timing, concept, audio, edit and more – this is an involved and complete role of design direction.
• A team player, works well under pressure and collaborate effectively to deliver the clients vision, as well as providing insight and ideas of your own.
• Initiative, quick thinking, work well with others, share and excite others with your ideas, bring out the best of junior members of the team.
• A doer as well as a thinker, proactive problem solver, lead by example and be on the hunt for new and creative ways of producing new work.
• Technical aspects you will bring as a generalist; expert knowledge of both Cinema 4D and After Effects as well as experience using Arnold renderer. Proficient in all Adobe products and a good understanding of print is a plus.
• You will have at least 5 plus years experience in a similar position at a Design or Branding agency and will have a diverse portfolio to match.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn5485-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.