Mid-Senior Nuke Artists
London, United Kingdom
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
What you'll do
For the role of senior modeller, you must have a proven track record in film or commercials VFX, demonstrating a high level of technical knowledge and exceptional visual aesthetic geared towards complex modelling/texturing.
You will be required to have an excellent working knowledge of modelling in Maya and be able to produce assets with clean and efficient topology and UVs.
A strong knowledge of ZBrush is also required, as well as experience texturing in Substance and/or Mari.
You must be able to work alongside the riggers and rendering artists to generate organic or hard surface models, ensuring assets meet specifications provided by all departments.
An understanding of anatomy, both human and creature would be extremely beneficial. Must also have good spatial awareness, a good sense of scale and proportion, and a keen eye for detail.
• Maintaining the overall quality of your work to a high standard
• Communicate with artists from other departments and Mill offices on all matters related to your assets to ensure that a project runs smoothly.
• Demonstrate the ability to not only work from concept art but also show the initiative to know how best to interpret designs for 3D.
• Work to a deadline and manage expectations on progress throughout tasks.
• Provide assistance through both technique and feedback to junior artists working on your jobs.
• Stay current with industry developments to ensure your skills are kept to the highest standard.
What you'll need
• At least 4 years' experience as modelling artist with proven experience dealing with both organic and hard surface assets.
• Highly developed knowledge of the asset creation pipeline.
• Strong working knowledge of Maya, ZBrush, and any other relevant software(s) Good knowledge of texture creation packages such a Substance and Mari Proven experience of working in a team of CG Artists.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Exceptional problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to legally work in the UK
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.