The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our Global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, and the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior FX Artist to join our Creative Advertising team.
Working primarily in Houdini, we need technical artists that can also work creatively on a wide variety of projects. In addition to atmospheric and creature effects, some of our work requires more abstract and design driven effects, as well as procedurally driven assets and animations.
• Execute advanced FX tasks using off-the-shelf tools and Mill proprietary software
• Create tools and scripts to facilitate workflows
• Develop techniques to implement and optimize approved looks
• Assist with developing the look of a sequence with the supervision team
• Maintain department's best working practice in FX
• Find creative and proactive solutions in executing shots
• Produce look tests based on provided reference materials
• Mentor Junior Artists
• Advanced working knowledge of FX techniques, workflow and software, primarily Houdini and Maya
• Experience using Arnold and Mantra Renderers
• Must be able to work in a Linux OS environment
• Proven and demonstrable experience in high-end CG/VFX
• A thorough understanding of most CG techniques and technologies
• Ability to proactively to pick up proprietary tools
• Solid work ethic and positive attitude
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to work effectively with a team
• Unreal/Niagara experience preferred
• Python, C++ scripting experience preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5bzx-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.