The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production. Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
We are looking for design-thinkers who are curious, highly self-motivated, and versatile to join The Mill NY as a Senior Designer. A Senior Designer at the Mill works closely with the Art Directors and Creative Directors to concept, design, and animate work. You must be comfortable in all areas of the process, and you will be given opportunities on a range of projects on teams small and large.
The Mill works in many different mediums, so we are looking for experience and an interest in multiple facets of design including typography, motion graphics animation, character animation, VR/AR/MR/XR, illustration, and 3D design & animation.
There will be client-facing circumstances, so it is important that you are comfortable setting up, talking through, and selling your ideas directly. You will work with Producers and the Head of Design to strategically bid new work.
The Mill offers a full range of benefits including training, mentorship, and personal creative development.
• Creating styleframes for animation concepts and pitches
• Designing and animating solo or as part of larger global teams
• Professional experience, freelance or studio-level
• Exceptional portfolio of work, presented both in motion and static examples
• Excellent time-management and communication skills (including writing treatments)
• Compositing and After Effects motion graphics animation experience
• Expert level in Adobe suite including After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Animation experience with a good sense of rhythm & timing Pluses:
• Traditional or digital painting, illustration, and/or sculpture experience
• Experience with Cinema 4D, Maya, or Houdini
• Experiential creative and/or realtime software experience (Spark AR, Unreal, Touch Designer)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5y2n-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.