New York, NY
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production. Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
• Advise and prepare accurate and detailed budgets and schedules on variety of high-end creative work.
• Plan, coordinate and lead projects from pitch through to shoot.
• Work closely with post-production team during all phases of project, bidding, pitching, treatments, and award.
• Staying aware of latest industry and creative trends.
• Manage directors and artists to produce their creative visions within budget.
• Attend / Line Produce shoots and manage client expectations on set as well as through Pre Production.
• Manage project negotiation and maximize the use of resources both internally and during bidding.
• Manage, hire and negotiate rates for freelance crews and vendors.
• Coordinate staff schedules, lead meetings and the upkeep of equipment lists.
• Anticipate and communicate issues with clients or the internal team to Supervisors or Department Heads.
• Keep accurate working budget throughout production and communicate with Operations Manager on profit margins and set expectations on project tracking.
• Actualize budgets and reconcile with finance and service company.
• Help to maintain a positive, upbeat and professional atmosphere to each project, being proactive and solution-oriented.
• Lead, advise and train the junior Production members to ensure ongoing professional advancement.
• Supervise and ensure quality control on all projects and give feedback to appropriate creative production and Operations team.
• Oversee ballparking and work with Executive Producers and Production Supervisors to budget accordingly.
• Monitor and review project demands on creative artists and ensure that they have sufficient support staff and resources for each project.
• Provide ongoing line management during projects, managing the welfare of both creative and production teams.
• Advise clients on production techniques and shooting requirements coming up with possible solutions and thinking outside the box.
• Monitor and ensure the most effective use of the company's technical, creative and resources to deliver a successful outcome on projects both locally and internationally.
• Understand new techniques and equipment available on-site.
• Provide feedback and solutions to technical requirements and project workflow.
• Invest, nurture, and maintain key client relationships.
• Work with directors on pitching Agency and Direct to Brand projects.
• Research and source new and potential directing and creative talent. Stay in touch with movements within the industry.
• Devise and manage client hospitality events where appropriate.
• Oversee colleagues to ensure that they are building client relationships and sustaining creative partnerships with the company.
• 5+ years minimum experience as a Live Action Content Producer, Line Producer, or Production Manager.
• Large network of crew and vendors.
• Working knowledge of AICP Guidelines and rules in the US advertising industry.
• Budgeting and bidding in Hot Budget, Point Zero, and/ or True Budget.
• Create calendars for production in conjunction with the Post Producer for client bid package.
• Working Knowledge of processing CAPS (or equivalent) timecards, PO's, & Petty Cash.
• Experience filling out Wrap Insurance Policies for Productions.
• Produced projects that have ranged from 100-800K in Live Action budgets.
• Willing to travel and work internationally for Productions, liaising with Service Companies, managing budgets and expectations.
• Enjoys being on set and thrives under pressure.
• Keen understanding of cameras, lighting & grip, and other equipment used on set.
• Attention to detail and a willingness to go the extra mile.
• Ability to multitask and change direction depending on the current needs of the situation.
• Well organized and able to prioritize tasks. Flexible working hours.
• Resourceful and lateral thinking.
• Able to communicate at all levels/across all departments.
• Extra credit for those who enjoy Star Wars, Tim Ferris, Brene Brown, Seth Godin and singing along to songs.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8y50-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.