The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
The Senior Compositor is an exciting role that demands the highest in technical abilities and creativity. They will take direction from the Lead compositor but will also be expected to work autonomously in a fast paced environment to deliver an extremely high level of work. They should be comfortable working with clients, have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills, technical knowledge and also have relevant experience in a commercial, film or TV environment.
The Senior Compositor is a highly valued member of the compositing team, and is the main support of a Lead Compositor. They are often given the most complex and demanding shots to complete, and are expected to manage individual and multiple shots as if it was a whole commercial. Therefore they must have a complete understanding of the VFX pipeline and the communication skills to manage shots with other artists, while also occasionally presenting their work to clients. Some of their responsibilities will include compositing live action and CG, blue/green screen keying, camera tracking, photoreal CG integration, set extensions with matte painting projections, beauty work, and paint/rotoscoping.
The compositing team at The Mill is multicultural and prioritizes a supportive atmosphere of learning. The Senior Compositor is expected to help mentor the junior members of the 2D team, and inspire them through the quality of their own work.
• Advanced Experience in Compositing with Nuke for complex VFX projects
• Excellent people and communication skills
• A strong creative eye and artistic skills
• Sound aesthetic with good understanding of color, light and photography
• Strong problem-solving skills
• A team player with a great attitude
• Dependable and flexible
• Takes feedback and direction well
• Exercises close attention to detail
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Advanced knowledge of CG rendering and compositing multi-channel EXRs
• Excellent understanding of 2D and 3D tracking
• Highly proficient in using IBK, Primatte or Keylight
• Excellent knowledge of Nuke's 3D system
• Knowledge of other VFX software such as Maya or Mocha is an advantage.
• Strong understanding of colorspace pipelines
• Basic knowledge of Flame or Nuke studio is an advantage
• 5+ years experience working in the VFX Industry
• Completed a degree in VFX or equivalent professional experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r007ee-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.