The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Mill LA is looking for a committed and passionate individual to join our collaborative, creative team. This person works well with teams as well as individually. We are looking for a person with a can-do attitude who has a strong eye for design. The right person will have a strong understanding of composition and layout. We are looking for a creative problem solver to join our team and create beautiful visual storytelling.
The artist must have in-depth C4D knowledge and the ability to devise and create complex models and effects to an exceptional standard. They must demonstrate a true understanding of the subtleties of modeling, the texture of surfaces, the lighting of 3D creations and a talent for creating the appropriate pace and character for the narrative. The artist should have experience or interest in programs outside of C4D such as Houdini or real time software, demonstrating exploration and development of new and innovative methods of producing motion graphics.
The Mill covers a broad range of creative output so the C4D Artist will work in context for broadcast, installations and digital creative simultaneously. The artist may attend meetings with clients and attend shoots to advise upon the most effective ways to shoot for high-end motion graphics.
The C4D Artist must be able to assess the essential needs of the Creative staff, project specific direction, multidisciplinary approach to creative output.
• C4D Animator / Generalist
• Expertise in C4D for motion graphics and VFX.
• Work with designers and internal team
• Manage and distribute shots
• Lead animation teams internally
Required skills, knowledge and experience
• Detail Oriented, proactive & organized.
• Ability to handle a job solo and good troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work efficiently, handling a vast variety of problems at the same time.
• Experience preparing presentations with strict deadlines.
• The C4D Artist will regularly invent, imagine and perform work requiring advanced knowledge which is predominantly intellectual in character.
• Discretion and independent judgment is required.
• Advanced knowledge of specific Motion Design packages, Cinema 4D and Adobe After Effects, along with render systems (i.e. Arnold and Redshift).
• Experience or interest in using Houdini, Unreal, or software beyond the core toolset.
• Knowledge of X-Particles, or Turbulence FD a plus.
• Added bonus for technical skills for R&D, Xpresso, Python, etc
• Windows & OSX operating systems.
• Knowledge of the software and hardware used in every aspect of the post-production process.
• Knowledge of the Visual Effects and associated pipelines.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxee2-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.