New York, NY
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our real time team collaborates with all departments at the Mill to deliver a range of different types of projects from game cinematics and short films executed in realtime software, interactive experiences (including XR and VR), LED screen backgrounds.
Our realtime team is a fast-paced proactive team, with great opportunities for growth, experimental endowers and creative ownership. We are looking for candidates that are ambitious, dedicated to quality and diligent work ethics. The Mill always strives to improve and so should you. We seek quick learners, always hunting out new information and learning and adapting to new technologies and ideas. We need candidates with strong technical skills and quickly learn new software and hardware.
Ideal candidates also have experience in the production environment.
• Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities
• Lead and grow the creative real time team at Mill LA
• Lead collaboration between our the global teams
• Collaborate with CG team or between disciplines to find the best solutions to all major technical and/or creative challenges facing the realtime team
• Bid and plan work
• Communicate and manage clients
• Creatively and technically supervise projects and collaborate with our directors and creative directors.
• Provide regular guidance, constructive criticism & critical feedback to artists, ensuring that all art teams are producing assets that meet the overall visual style and quality bar
• Plan and continue to develop our realtime pipeline. Research and explore new developments in graphics software and technology that could benefit the studio.
• 4+ Years' experience in creative leadership roles with demonstrated success.
• 10+ years of Graphic Design experience, preferably in the Gaming and VFX Industry
• Expert skills working with blueprints/ Unreal Engine (Unity and frostbite, knowledges is a plus)
• Experience with VFX pipelines (Maya and Houdini)
• Strong VP experience
• Ability to inspire & lead with a people-first mindset.
• Ability to think critically and put the needs of our projects and teams ahead of your own.
• Passion to thrive in a fast-paced development environment.
• Passion to grow and develop alongside our teams.
• Experience finding solutions from a visual, production, and technical perspective