The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Mill's flagship studio, Mill London, opened its doors in 1990. Located in London's Fitzrovia, the studio is home to over 300 creators working across Mill VFX, Mill Direction and Mill Experience projects. The Mill's London home overlooks the iconic BT tower, and is surrounded by some of the best eateries in town. The London creative community often gathers on The Mill's rooftop bar and terrace, which plays host to a number of industry and staff events.
As a Production Coordinator at The Mill Advertising, you will be responsible for the tracking of tasks for the assigned area of responsibility. You'll facilitate the movement of shots between teams, coordinate internally with artist, and communicate status updates ensuring the delivery of shots on schedule.
• Supporting the Line Producers manage the shows with leads, Sups and artists involved and artists in implementing project plans and meeting deadline
• Assisting in both the creation and maintenance of jobs/department schedules in F-track.
• Working with artists to implement scheduled deliveries and milestones given by Line Producer.
• In absence of Line Producer, Manages and runs reviews/dailies/calls of assigned shows and relays back minutes/notes/briefs to all and tracks them back.
• Manage schedules and tracks regular progress through the departments involved making sure meet internal and external targets provided by Line Producer.
• Make sure the show runs within the timeline planned and report to Line Producers/Manager
• Going on rounds on floor in the morning (to allocate shows to artists) and evening rounds (checking to see if the targeted deadlines are met).
• Making sure any IT support for production is taken care over the day like plates are in, giving secured access to artists, if any issues with artist and so on.
• Completion of a job is done by the artists' end of the day.
• Minimum 2 years' relevant experience.
• Proficient in both communications written and verbal with negotiating skills
• The ideal candidate will have experience coordinating on multiple projects with various 3D and 2D depts. in an established VFX facility
• A solid understanding of CG production pipelines and postproduction in general is needed, though a willingness to learn and adapt would be greatly beneficial
• Excellent people skills and a proven ability to work in a team environment
• Strong project management skills and a sensitivity towards deadline related deliveries
• At a technical level a familiarity with standard Microsoft office applications is essential, especially Excel, Word, outlook with further knowledge in F-track.
• An ability to handle multiple tasks under varying degrees of pressure is a must.
• Essentially someone who is dynamic, resourceful and organized is very much what we are looking for.
• Must have basic VFX Pipeline knowledge.
Any of the following is a great advantage:
• A prior artists/education background in same field would be ideal.
• Experience prior in commercials production.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re5e61-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.