The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
The Junior CG Rigger is a talented artist who can perform rigging of complex characters and vehicles, while meeting the requirement of supervisors, leads and animators. The role will be to work alongside experienced CG and VFX Supervisors and other VFX Artists creating all types of CG for high-end advertising and digital projects.
• Ensuring the smooth operation of our rigging pipeline, maintaining existing technology and integrating and exploring new rigging technologies.
• Required to rig advanced characters and vehicles in Maya and mentor other members of the rigging team.
• Work collaboratively with the leads and artists of many other departments, ensuring integration of characters and rigs into the production pipeline.
• Develop effective scripts and plugins for the Rigging department.
• 1-3 years relevant experience
• Familiarity with Python, MEL, C++, Maya API, and creating plugins.
• Familiarity or proficiency with rigging muscle systems with Maya, Ziva, Houdini, or others.
• Experience with Mocap and Motion Builder a plus.
• Ability to research and develop new deformation approaches, advanced methods to create rigs, and enhance existing Maya toolsets using python and Maya API.
• Strong Math skills, ie: Linear Algebra, thorough understanding of matrices, vectors and transformations in 3D.
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
• Good tools design logic - keeping things as simple as possible while solving complex problems.
• Willingness learn and grow, with strong time and project management skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm94o3-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.