The Mill Experience is The Mill's Immersive Experience Studio. We imagine, design and build pinnacle immersive experiences for the world's most ambitious brands.
We are world renowned visual storytellers - master crafters of simulated, elevated and extended realities. For over 30 years we have led the evolution of computer graphics from the linear stories of the screen to real-time fantasies in virtual spaces and incredible interactions in real places, perfecting our interactive craft in step with emerging real-time technologies.
With our global team of world class artists and creative technologists we work across the range of immersive Experiences: Location-based, Augmented and Virtual.
We're looking for an Interactive 3D Generalist to join our US Experience Team. You'll ideally have a solid interactive or gaming background, and/or a keen interest in the interactive/experience space and the work we do. To that end, you're well versed or interested in working with Developers and Technical Artists, creating 3D assets as required for them to easily bring into engine. While not a requirement, a familiarity with game engines (Unreal, Unity) or a keen interest in leveling up in this area are very beneficial for this role.
As an Interactive 3D Generalist you should be confident at creating beautiful low poly models with skills in modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, and compositing. Successful candidates will have a strong artistic eye - while you're happy working from a tighter brief when needed, working with our Creative Directors on more open briefs where you can use your conceptual and design talents are what excite you most. Here an ability to collaboratively work with our team while receiving and iterating on feedback is important.
You'll work on a range of pitches and production projects. As well as your usual work, during pitches, you'll support the production team by giving estimates for project budgets. During production, you'll then use your problem-solving abilities to predict where issues may lie in tasks given and proactively seek out solutions that may arise.
• Asset creation (modeling, texturing, look dev) based on requirements of target platform (level of detail, etc)
• Working in coordination with the wider team to ensure Mill standards are maintained at all times
• Managing workloads to deliver on time, even with a tight deadline
• Working closely with other leads and technical directors to identify process improvements/tools to increase department productivity
• 3-4 years of experience in an interactive/games studio at mid-senior level
• Understanding of mobile apps that contain heavy 3D content
• Understanding of how assets/animation/rigs transfer into apps and the most effective ways of implementing them
• Experience or active interest in the games/experience/real-time space
• Great communication skills and comfortable communicating with others at all levels of the company
• Self-motivated problem solver
• Must be efficient, detail-oriented, organized, and able to work under tight deadlines
• Team player that'll fit into our collaborative team
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude. An ability to receive and action feedback
• Ideally a basic understanding of game engines
• Advanced knowledge of Maya/Houdini/C4D and an understanding of CG techniques and technologies
• Knowledge of the VFX and game pipelines
• Strong understanding of light, color, and composition
• Technical / Scripting skills valued but not required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1b22e-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.