The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Mill Experience is The Mill's Immersive Experience Studio. We imagine, design and build pinnacle immersive experiences for the world's most ambitious brands.
We are world renowned visual storytellers - master crafters of simulated, elevated and extended realities. For over 30 years we have led the evolution of computer graphics from the linear stories of the screen to real-time fantasies in virtual spaces and incredible interactions in real places, perfecting our interactive craft in step with emerging real-time technologies.
With our global team of world class artists and creative technologists we work across the range of immersive Experiences: Location-based, Augmented and Virtual.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Mill Experience Studio is looking for a digital designer who is at the forefront of interaction design. With a strong knowledge of UX and customer behavior, you will be able to design beautiful and highly engaging interfaces for virtual, location-based and mixed reality experiences. You are creative and ambitious in driving your craft to the highest industry standards, you have gained public recognition with awards in your field and are considered to be a trend leader.
• Collaborate with Creative Directors, UX Designers, Strategists, Storytellers and Creative Technologists to critically drive concepts to the highest quality.
• Be the lead designer on production projects, consolidating the creative director's vision with the client's feedback and add your own senior perspective to ensure that all work delivered is critical and to the highest possible standard.
• Present your designs directly to clients, articulating and defending your design rationale to both internal stakeholders and clients.
• Follow best practices and human-centric design practices to design emotional experiences for brands to build lasting memories with their audiences.
• Craft efficient mockups and visualizations of concepts during the pitch phase of a project. Working together with other creatives to build beautiful, on-brand and captivating decks in google slides.
• Captivating pitch decks are all about storytelling, and your role is a pivotal part in immersing our clients in the creative experiences we are proposing to craft. Animated interface designs that come to life through gifs in deck will be one of the formats.
• Bring together references, build moodboards and sketches at the initial stage of a pitch. Working together as a team to build a clear response structure from the creative vision.
• Work closely with our Experience Director and UX Designers on Figma through a collaborative process during both production and pitches.
• Attend standups and team tissue sessions to collectively solve problems and drive a pitch or project forward both conceptually, visually and from an experience perspective.
• Assist or assign front-end build production (guides, slicing, layout, etc.), in addition to providing technical feedback to development team via bug tickets.
• Create interactive prototypes for client workshop sessions and presentation.
• Mentor and lead more junior designers visualizing concepts with a strong leadership in art direction and in line with the creative vision.
• Attend conferences, talks and events to feed your curiosity and bring knowledge back to your team to keep everyone at the forefront of new discipline trends.
• Research and share work from within the industry with the Experience Department to build general awareness on work that is outstanding and trend setting.
• 6+ years experience in a studio environment.
• Design – Photoshop, Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, etc. You should be good with all aspects: layout, typography, colour, photoshop comps, visual research etc.
• Strong communication skills with clients and your team.
• Organized and have a clear overview of the tasks at hand.
• An understanding of UX and CX. Basic user flows and wireframing.
• Experienced in interface designing for AR, VR, MR and XR.
• Motion Design to express the emotional atmospheres of initial concepts or to guide developers . Ideally you are comfortable working in After Effects and Cinema4D.
• Knowledge of 3D can be a big plus!
• Strong sense of humour, we always want fun teammates.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy31bk-34-239-154-240-42 in your application.