The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The role of a Head of Live Action Production is to oversee The Mill's live action operations and ensure the smooth running of the department in advertising commercial projects through The Mill, starting at the pitch phase stage through to the shoot & offline.
In order to deliver the standard of work The Mill has become renowned for, the Head of Live Action Production must have excellent knowledge of current technology and techniques, an in-depth knowledge of budgeting software, timecards, PO's, and standard wrap procedures as it relates to AICP Guideline. It's important to have leadership qualities, superb communication, team work and organizational skills, a creative eye and an innate understanding of our clients' requirements and the production industry as a whole.
The Head of Live Action Production must also work in conjunction with the creative development team, the pitch team and VFX Senior Producers and Executive Producers in the day to day running of current jobs and projects. This person is the operational engine for all creative production and will lead the production team, ensure smooth running of the department, troubleshoot organizational issues, in addition to scoping, bidding, producing, and wrapping live action production. The Head of Live Action Production will need to be efficient in internal systems and processes to client communication, interaction with crew members, invoicing, and wrap.
• Assigns and Manages bidding producers on bidding jobs based off Creative Treatments/Scripts.
• Approves all budgets going out prior to client receipt.
• Checks all Directors Treatments prior to go out to client for Mill quality control.
• Places holds on key crew including but not limited to DP, PD, PM
• Works closely with Finance to facilitate quick payment for vendors and freelancers that is commensurate with the live action community
• Works closely with the Central Operations Team on Infrastructure, Tools and Tech.
• Works with scheduling on creative artist resource allocation.
• Attend client meetings at the pitch stage to advise on current production needs, ballparks, procedures and plan production schedules.
• Works closely with the creative team to ensure script/creative development is aligned with client budgets.
• Manages the internal team and their growth.
• Resources and manages Live Action/Mocap, Line Producers.
• Act as a liaison between Client and Director.
• Ensures jobs are bid profitability.
• Possess an acute sense for visual aesthetics and ideas, also the ability to manage people and resources effectively.
• Manage our director's schedules, interfacing with client needs and quality control.
• Organize Pitch Teams and create bids for Bid Packages sent to client in the process of awarding a project.
• Line Produce jobs as available; liaising with freelance line producers when needed
• Efficient response time to client queries and requests.
• Increase communication and productivity within the Production department.
• Good working knowledge and relationships with other Mill offices.
• Experience producing and managing commercials, content or music videos.
• Working knowledge of processing CAPS (or equivalent) timecards, PO's, & petty cash.
• Working knowledge of AICP Guidelines and rules in the US advertising industry.
• Previous experience filling out Insurance Certificates for Productions.
• Thrive under pressure.
• Have a thorough understanding of cameras, lighting & grip, and other equipment used on set.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask and change direction depending on the current needs of the situation.
• Well organized and able to prioritize tasks.
• Resourceful and lateral thinking.
• Able to communicate at all levels/across all departments and with clients.
• A track record producing live action shoots with VFX (3D, 2D, Design) integration is a plus
• An understanding of VFX & postproduction pipeline is a plus
• Deep production crew list in US ideal
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy4zyq-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.