The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill.
We create the extraordinary.
What you'll do
This is an incredible opportunity for an accomplished Marketing & PR professional with experience in digital content creation and community engagement. This hands-on role has a global remit (as the Marketing team at The Mill has a Global remit) and the successful candidate will need to nurture direct relationships with Mill staff, clients, global stakeholders and our wider creative community. The role requires a strategic thinker who has experience of defining, developing and executing online content and PR campaign activities.
The role requires a combination of content marketing and campaign management skills and will lead the promotion of top-tier Mill projects with clients such as Google, HBO and Nike (and more!). This role will manage and build an engaging digital content strategy for their projects including thought leadership to ensure The Mill has a presence at relevant industry platforms, events and awards. The Global Marketing Manager will be responsible for elevating our creative talent online and across social media within our owned channels including website content for THEMILL.COM, CRM and podcasts. The candidate will work with the Global Head of Digital to ensure all client projects are well represented in these channels, alongside internal communications and inclusion in client direct CRM activities.
• Manage our reputation and voice relating to 'Creative Production' projects, our 'end-to-end' work where The Mill executes from initial idea through to production and supply.
• Content creation, copywriting and working with designers to produce compelling digital materials from case study films to social media campaigns
• Liaising with clients on marketing & PR approvals for their projects
• Manage a quarterly thought leadership strategy, identifying and highlighting key talent to promote on owned and external platforms
• Create a plan to ensure our participation in talks, events, industry awards etc. across all relevant creative, advertising and technology platforms throughout the year
• Collaboration with VP Global Marketing on campaign strategy & creative
• Collaborating with Global Head of Digital on social media strategy and presence
• Collaborating with Global Head of PR on external PR strategy
• Managing award entries, speaker opportunities and event presence
• Reporting back internally to ensure key stakeholders are informed of headlines
• Surfacing key projects from global studio network to promote in the wider global plan
• Responsibility for management of annual marketing budget
• Management of Global Marketing Assistant (also based in LA)
• Identifying relevant Creative Production projects for awards and industry shows
• Quarterly global marketing campaign tent-poles (Gaming, Creativity for Good, Music etc.)
• Awareness of local sales and new business objectives
What you'll need
• Creatively minded with a point of view on creative work
• Strong oral, writing and presentation skills
• A passion for the world of digital creativity and media channels is a must
• Proven organizational and project management skills
• Must be digitally literate: social media, analytics, CRM systems, digital marketing, back end CMS management
• 4-5 years of marketing, with experience of managing a junior colleague
• Strong campaign and brand management experience within a creative environment
• Proven experience in delivering high impact marketing content
• Experience of working within a fast paced, creative environment e.g. publishing, media, entertainment, digital
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7njmq-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.