The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The role of the Design Engineer is to maintain and evolve the Mill Design Studio's Hardware and Software, ensuring the smooth collaboration of Technology and Artists to deliver exceptional work and service to our clients. The role of the Design Engineer requires advanced understanding and appreciation for the technology needed to execute cutting edge Design work, and the ability to partner with Heads of Department & TDs. A sound knowledge of infrastructure, workflows and our talent is essential.
• Working with Windows Environment
• Deploying software
• Testing builds with specific versions (with Design TD's)
• Compatibility with drivers (Wacom, GPU, etc)
• Working with Apps such as:
• Adobe Suite
• Specifically After Effects
• Including Plugins (Sapphire, Red Giant, etc)
• Maxon: Cinema 4D
• Redshift GPU Rendering
• Deadline Render
• AE, C4D, & Houdini integration
• Redshift GPU Rendering
• Maintaining and updating asset libraries (qlib, aelib, mops)
Workflow Related Aspects:
• Maintaining the Windows boxes, flagging and addressing issues then returning the machines to the active pool
• Testing from the user's tools and perspective
• Liaise globally with Design TD's in each office
• Work with R&D & Pipeline teams to troubleshoot and maintain the Design Deadline render farm
• Squash Windows or Design-related application workflow bugs
• Medium term projects
• Identify and strategize machine assignment pools
• Identify and troubleshoot current configuration issues
• Long term projects
• Work with Engineering team to develop cloud scalability of the Design Deadline renderfarm
• Work with Design TD's to develop asset libraries for Cinema 4D & Redshift
• Proven years of Operational experience
• Production/Design/VFX/Agency experience
• Ability to plan both locally and globally.
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Responsive, calm and flexible attitude to ever changing needs and environment.
• Good communicator to link between Design (artist) side while reporting to larger global engineering teams
• Able to balance long-term projects while also helping with daily workflow challenges and solutions
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvp2q7-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.