Creative Director - Brand Partnerships
Los Angeles, CA
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
We are looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial Executive Producer for Brand Partnerships.
The Mill EP Brand Partnerships is a senior position as well as an external, client-facing role, requiring excellent interpersonal skills, an in-depth understanding of the wider Gaming/Technology industry and its key business drivers, and the experience to drive and build client and talent relationships. This individual must have an excellent understanding of The Mill's strategic goals and be instrumental in delivering increased sales and encouraging greater bottom line profit.
Who You Are:
• You have strong direct-to-brand and agency contacts and a proven track record with clients and new business development. Specifically looking for a person who has experience in gaming and/or tech verticals.
• You serve as a first point of contact for both outbound and inbound content and sales.
• You are an excellent manager with extensive prior experience leading creative, production and teams on new business briefings, pitch responses and production through delivery.
• You have exceptional presentation skills, and can present capabilities as well as creative and technical pitches.
• You are entrepreneurial and driven, but also a gifted diplomat and communicator who can influence and engage with cross-functional teams.
• You have demonstrated responsibility for the budget including bidding to supervising financial well-being of projects.
• You have experience with agile development methodologies and can lead conversations with artists in multiple facets of our company – VFX, Creative Tech, Design, and Live Action Directors.
• You have established roots in the industry and have deep relationships with 3rd party vendors to ensure the best partnerships utilized for our projects. i.e. music company, mocap vendor, tech partners.
What You'll Do:
• Be both client-facing and internal, always representing the best interest of your projects and pushing your team to deliver innovative content in multiple mediums.
• Serve as a business development lead, by managing and communicating the sales vision, setting the roadmap of qualitative objectives and quantitative goals with a deep understanding of The Mill's mission and strategies.
• Develop and find business opportunities with new brands and clients; work with our existing clients to grow new opportunities and improve our presence within other areas of their business.
• Have a close working relationship with other EPs, and an in-depth understanding of The Mill's production pipeline and available resources locally and across offices, in order to maximize managing, bidding and executing projects.
• Oversee quotations and contractual negotiations, alongside Mill Legal and Director of Production and Head of Brand Partnerships.
• Manage simultaneous pitches, projects and internal initiatives.
• Measure and forecast progress against project milestones and budgets, ensuring visibility to executives.
• Oversee and guide the project leads & producer to ensure quality control through the full lifecycle of projects, from converting pitches through production, testing and launch.
• Lead and advocate for delivery best practices, comfortably challenge project decisions and provide alternative approaches where needed.
• Have your finger on the pulse of leading edge content and understand what best in class solutions exist in order to accommodate expansion of The Mill's services and the new types of work we bring in.
• Champion a culture of constructiveeedback, both individually and as a group.
• Represent The Mill at industry-relevant events and conferences.
• You have direct experience in a Senior level sales role working either in-house, at an agency, or VFX house on gaming/tech projects.
• Domain knowledge of VFX, commercial and film markets.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5xbv-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.