Executive Producer - Design
New York, NY
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Mill NY VFX Executive Producer – Content (EP) is a management position. The EP - Content must have an excellent understanding of The Mill's strategic goals and be instrumental in delivering increased sales and in encouraging greater bottom line profit. EP is primarily an outwardly orientated, client facing role, requiring excellent communication skills and the fostering and development of extremely strong client relationships.
The Mill NY EP – Content must also have a very thorough understanding of the Mill production pipeline in order to maximise the use of resources and to oversee the smooth production of projects through the company.
The EP - Content reports to the Mill NY Director of Production and must work closely alongside the Head of Content in NY to form a mutually supportive structure to allow The EP and the NY Head of Content to manage the live action production department together as a team. It is vital that both The EP and Head of Content work closely with our reps and the EP/Director of Production of Mill LA to ensure the best communication regarding bidding and execution of projects, to ensure we take full advantage of sales/project opportunities and that Mill resources are as well utilised as possible.
• Highly proactive in the task of winning new business with an exclusive focus on live action projects. Targeting clients and accounts to be won by The Mill and define client specific strategies to win business.
• Provide support to the live action production department in NY and ensure excellent communication and the careful handover of projects from the bidding stage to the line production stage of a project.
• Work along side the Head of Content and other key partners in looking for new director talent and rounding out our roster of directors.
• Bid live action projects
• Monitor the satisfaction of existing clients and ensure that they continue to use The Mill.
• Maximise revenue and utilisation of The Mill NY by having an overview of the work going through each site(NY/LA) and encouraging effective scheduling and efficiency of resources.
• Develop and maintain an 'ear' to the market and disseminate relevant information to the production team and key staff at The Mill.
• Work closely with our reps to help define potential clients, sales/marketing opportunities and PR exercises both on a short term and a long term 'bigger picture' basis.
• Network with agency, direct to brand and other clients
• To oversee quotations and sales pitches with clients as necessary with more junior members of production.
• To ensure that quality standards and good working practices are met on all projects undertaken by the department.
• To develop, train, motivate and support all people in the department.
• Monitor, and take steps to care for, creative operators' welfare while also providing balanced protection for our clients and upholding the level of service/work they should expect from The Mill.
• Promote the advancement of new Mill offerings both internally and externally (in-house directing, cross platform content, volume/relationship driven workflow etc.)
• On a regular basis, meet with heads of other Mill departments.
• To ensure that there is healthy communication between production and other departments within the company to aid overall communication and to better working relationships, especially with the operators and artists that work directly with the production staff.
Key Performance indicators
• Revenue figures are on target or exceeded.
• Effective resources utilised to full potential.
• Client relationships solidified and developed throughout the Mill.
• 6-8 years as either a Senior Producer or Executive producer focusing on live action with experience at either a production company or other vfx company with live action offerings.
• Established client relationships at agencies, direct-to-brand and other clients.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Effective communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3vb6-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.