The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
We are currently looking for an experienced Designer/Animator to join our Chicago studio. The role of The Mill Designer/Animator is to work with his or her fellow Designers, Senior Designers, and fellow artists. A Designer/Animator needs to be highly visually creative with an excellent knowledge of design techniques and the software and hardware he or she operates.
• Previous Design Studio experience preferred.
• Help provide artistic direction to generate inspirational, conceptual and creative ideas with the rest of the design team.
• Work with the CD and fellow designers to conceptualize based on design briefs, execute the work, be it illustration, 2D or 3D design.
• Create, design and animate where necessary, in collaboration with others or individually to suit the task at hand.
• Be involved throughout the project, ensuring a reliable contact with clients and the team to deliver results that meets and exceeds expectations.
• Present concepts and design ideas to the Mill team, listening to feedback and making recommendations where appropriate.
• Ability to work efficiently, handling a vast variety of problems at the same time.
• Experience preparing presentations with strict deadlines.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge.
• Proficient in After Effects and C4D.
• Detail Oriented, proactive & organized.
• Communicates well with others, remains calm under pressure.
• Experience with AR a plus (AR Studio, Lens Studio)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29n72-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.