Revenue Analytics Director
Los Angeles, CA
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
The role of Creative Resources is to oversee resources for their respective departments within the Los Angeles studio. This role requires excellent communication skill, advanced understanding and appreciation for the creative and operational aspects of the company and the ability to mentor their team and foster strong relationships with Artists, Production, and Operational departments. By working with Production and Artist Leads, they are accountable for the securing the appropriate talent to facilitate the efficient workflow to satisfy client requirements. Their role also involves Artist development but ensuring that key creative talent is nurtured internally through project allocation and team selection.
The CRM should also have an excellent understanding of The Mill's work and creative history, strong organizational, tracking and planning skills, and a commitment to providing our clients an unrivaled experience.
• Work closely with departments to ensure that creative resources are acting as a single cohesive unit.
• Working within a team to schedule the needs of the Producer and client.
• Engage in early bidding and planning with Producers to identify talent needs, scheduling, and strategies.
• Work with Artists, Leads, Producers, and Schedulers to ensure jobs are on track and efficient whilst continuously measuring bid resources against budgets.
• Have a thorough understanding of capacity, internal resources, as well as an ability to flag challenges and opportunities.
• Creatively schedule large projects that require intricate planning or big picture foresight.
• Highlighting if a clash of schedules arises and working with colleagues and Producers to find a successful solution while maximizing revenue.
• Assess incoming jobs for potential workshare and outsourcing needs and work with other Mill offices to coordinate workshare planning.
• Guarantee excellent client service from all members of the team to maximize repeat business.
• Ensure Freelance Artists are utilized appropriately – on the right projects, at the right price, with attention paid to controlling cost whilst maintaining quality.
• Maintain an accurate Freelance artist & machine rental forecast.
• Provide support for Artists by monitoring working hours and Artist satisfaction.
• Work on building relationships with Artists and help gain an understanding of their future goals to aid in their progression
• Pro-active liaison with Engineering department to ensure technology and resources are being used to their full potential.
• Pro-active liaison with HR on talent recruitment, freelance payroll, etc.
• Represent Scheduling in any high-level conversations with Production.
• Schedule large jobs that require intricate planning or big picture foresight. Work with Producers and Schedulers to ensure the right talent is on the right job.
• Work with Operations Managers to develop creative resources protocol and best practices
• Excellent project planning and scoping skills
• Capacity to manage a busy workload with high productivity
• Responsive and flexible to ever changing needs and environment
• Experience working with and using scheduling software
• 2 - 3 years creative resource management experience
• Production and/or Agency experience preferred