Remote / Virtual
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Mill Experience is a strategic studio within The Mill creating mixed reality, virtual events, experiential activations and interactive products for brands and agencies.
The globe-spanning team of forward-thinking technologists and creatives works on innovation consultancy, project management, design, and execution to dream and build concepts beamed from the future.
From augmented reality to artificial intelligence, we use our unrivaled expertise to craft memorable visual experiences to engage and captivate audiences.
We are looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial Creative Director to join our MillX team.
An Experience Creative Director at The Mill dreams and makes technologically-enabled experiences that induce wonder, inspire play, and create impact. They leverage expertise in creative strategy, UX, interaction methods, visual design, narrative methodology, emerging technology, and spatial design to do so. They are passionate about creating products and experiences, be they virtual, augmented, physical, or web-based.
This is the position for those who love ideas - not just their ideas but ideas in general. They bring enthusiasm and skills that help others generate and create innovative experiences. They know how to manage and collaborate through a rigorous process, and to create novel works from a blank page to deployment. They direct AND they mentor.
Our directors have curious minds and are multi-faceted. Their portfolios showcase beautiful and meaningful experiences that travel a wide gamut of mediums, technologies, and methods including interior architecture, real-time graphics, AI, apps, XR, physical computing, narrative space, gamification, creative coding, and virtual production. They are comfortable at the edge of possibility, embrace experimentalism, invent through design thinking, and refute shiny object syndrome.
Our directors are practical dreamers.
• Direct work across teams and time zones at a distance, working collaboratively with world-class creatives, technologists and production across our studios to drive results and outcomes.
• Join regular cross-office meetings with MillX ECD and creatives to knowledge-share and participate in initiatives across The Mill.
• Ensure all creative thinking and work produced under their direction meets Mill's creative standards.
• Lead spatial and digital work spanning interactive platforms, apps and websites to installations.
• Clearly and consistently communicate creative vision and goals to departmental staff and team members.
• Inspire and enforce a balance of rigorous process, dreaming, invention, and strategy across multi-disciplinary teams.
• Produce pitch-winning responses to briefs and lead workshops in line with the client's strategy, goals, timings and budget
• Oversee and guide strategy and creative solutions across multiple accounts, projects and concurrent timelines.
• Oversee projects from ideation to delivery.
• 5+ years of CD-level experience in leading projects and teams to develop creative executions for interactive, XR and experiential markets at the highest international level.
• Excellent presentation, writing and verbal communication skills with ability to sell experiential and interactive concepts to non-technical audiences.
• Proven creative writing, client contact, project management, and thinker-maker skills.
• Exceptional portfolio of work for high-profile clients.
• Consistently learning and expanding new skill sets.
• Solid understanding of technology trends; agile with development of new processes and can lead projects with your developers.
• You love to translate brand and client stories into great UX, and concepts into creative design.
• Digital expert with an innate taste for the latest and greatest social and interactive platforms, digital technology, and own process-driven visual and experience design.
• For integrated projects, you know how to champion storytelling and are experienced working together with film directors to deliver content.