The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigour, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our London studio is looking for a CG Supervisor to work with the Heads of 3D to implement and manage the long term technical and strategic development of the 3D Department and lay down the working methods and systems for future 3D Artists.
CG Supervisors lead designated highly complex projects and are responsible for planning each project's work-flow, working with the Director and Creatives to define the desired look and feel and then supervise teams of 3D Artists to successfully deliver the project.
The CG Supervisors are responsible for the research and implementation of new technology and creative ideas. They are also responsible for training and mentoring new artists and developing the careers of the junior artists to ensure the creative output of the whole department is to a standard befitting our worldwide reputation.
It is essential to have experience attending shoots and advising Directors and Producers upon the most effective ways to shoot for high-end VFX.
What you'll do:
• Lead and manage high profile and complex visual effects projects to deliver to creative expectations, deadline and budget.
• Manage and mentor the 3D Artists on complex VFX projects, and co-ordinate their VFX output and ensure high levels of quality control, advise on their technique and provide feedback on work-in-progress.
• Demonstrate strong leadership, mentoring, and proactive problem-solving skills.
• Attend pre-production meetings as required.
• Lead meetings with clients providing detailed knowledge of complex effects creation.
• Attend shoots to advise Directors and Producers upon the most effective ways to shoot for high-end VFX.
• Determine production requirements and advise on best practices, available processes and budgets for all types of VFX projects.
• Work closely with the Heads of 3D and Senior Artists to research, develop and implement new technology and creative ideas.
• Deliver talks and presentations at industry events.
• Actively seek out new talent and help Heads of 3D with recruiting new talent keeping an eye on possible gaps in the 3D structure.
What you'll need:
• Experience attending shoots and advising Directors and Producers upon the most effective ways to shoot for high-end VFX.
• At least 5 years' experience as a Lead CG Artist.
• Proven experience of managing teams of CG Artists.
• Highly developed knowledge of the visual effects and associated pipelines.
• Ability to build successful relationships with clients and develop a client base; especially with Directors and Creatives.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71y66-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.