The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
The Mill is currently looking for an experienced CG Lead to join our New York studio. As a CG Lead you are responsible to oversee a team of CG artists producing assets for shots in a commercial pipeline. You will technically lead your team as well as maintain clear communications between the artists, production and client. You will be responsible for bidding out projects as well as being involved in staffing up your projects.
• Sell creative solutions and ideas to the client and guide them through the creative process.
• Working with production and advising on budgets and scheduling of your team.
• Prioritize tasks and manage time well to make sure tasks are completed within schedule and budget.
• Creating visually stunning and photo-real visual effects for high-end Advertising projects.
• Following 3D elements from concept through to final comp, overseeing all elements created by the 3D team.
• Teach and train more junior level artists. Attending shoots and supervising VFX requirements on set.
• Highly creative, with an eye for high quality visuals and technical perfection.
• Previous experience as a team leader with strong motivational and initiative qualities.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with both clients and colleagues.
• Thorough understanding of the complete VFX pipeline.
• Proactive in picking up proprietary tools and new techniques.
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
• Expert in Maya and/or Houdini and working knowledge of other industry standard software.
• Knowledge of advanced 3D modelling, rendering, animation, texturing, lighting, shading, effects and rigging.
• Proficient in general compositing principles (Nuke).
• Ability to work and lead within a strong team environment and willingness to share knowledge.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and desire to deliver consistently high quality.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xm4k-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.