Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
Mill Berlin is The Mill's newest studio – opening its doors in 2019 to serve the German and wider European advertising and creative communities. The boutique studio in the heart of Berlin includes The Mill's full range of creative services from colour to experiential and interactive, as well as world-class visual effects, design and creative origination.
What you'll do
We are looking for an experienced CG Generalist to join the team and help create incredible imagery. From creative and award-winning advertisements, stunning game trailers to episodic work, successful candidates will help create CG to the highest standard across a wide variety of projects.
The ideal person will have a proven track record in commercials, TV/film and be comfortable taking on a range of tasks independently or as part of a team. Candidates with a strong set of broad skills, along with a preferred specialised discipline are highly desirable.
As a CG Generalist you should be able to achieve a high level of quality with skills in modelling, texturing, shading, lighting and compositing. Often you will be lighting and rendering shots so a keen sense of lighting and a creative eye is valued. In this role you will have a high standard of quality control and be able to composite shots in a basic manner to ensure correct hand off to 2D.
The CG Generalist may work closely with CG Leads/VFX Supervisors to help define a specific look so good communication skills along with the ability to receive and iterate on feedback is essential. You will have the ability to problem solve, predict where issues may lie in tasks given and proactively seek out solutions that may arise during projects in production.
• Asset creation (modelling, texturing, look dev)
• Lighting (matching real world scenarios and setting up CG lighting)
• Scene assembly
• Basic compositing to ensure correct hand off to 2D
• Working in coordination with both 3D and 2D VFX artists to ensure Mill standards are maintained at all times
• Managing workloads to deliver on time, even with tight deadline
What you'll need:
• Understanding of CG techniques and technologies
• Knowledge of the VFX and associated pipelines
• Proven experience using 3D software in a production environment (Maya/Houdini desirable)
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in production
• Strong understanding of light, colour and composition
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
• High standard of quality control
• Ability to work as part of a team and take feedback/direction positively
• Technical / Scripting skills valued but not required
• On set/shoot experience a bonus