The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Brand Partnerships Manager is at the hub of the Brand Partnership Team, with internal and external responsibilities. Externally, the role is client facing and requires the BPM to become the client's day to day partner, likely skewed to junior and mid-level client. Establishing a close relationship and a sense of partnership with clients to foster trust based on ability to deliver, with diligence and smarts. This strong relationship, built on likeability and trust, helps to establish a strong foundation, to encourage repeat project opportunities.
• As a key point of contact for client communications, the BPM will help manage a number of the operational partnership needs. Such as reconciliation, billings and finance related requests, managing account related legal and licensing discussions as well as MSA, SOW and other contractual items. This will require the BPM to initiate and cultivate strong relationships with all departments internally and have a thorough understanding of The Mill workflow, process and personnel.
• BPM will be expected to get to know the client's brand and demonstrate curiosity- exploring the industry vertical and competitive landscape. Helping to identify areas of potential opportunity for further partnership. Alongside the BPD, this analysis will guide and prompt proactive pitch engagement and presentations sharing pointed thought-leadership and creative inspiration. In doing so, the BPM will support and facilitate the execution of the defined strategic approach to nurture the brand relationship and motivate increased engagements.
• The BPM will help clients understand how they can access The Mill and facilitate in the project management where projects are servicing an upstream strategic and creative development need.
• Helping to ensure creative aspirations of the Mill are being realized, fitting to the client's needs. Once a project reaches executional production, depending on the project sophistication and client relationship, the BPM will assist in the process and continue to bring the voice of the client to the studio.
• Lending a hand with the client management where necessary and ensuring there is a baseline understanding of the project, to continue the relationship once the project completes.
• Internally the BPM will need to forge strong relationships. Through a straightforward and democratic approach in how they deal with others and demonstrating a passion for and commitment to the brand relationship and creative output.
• The BPM will work alongside members of Future Strategy Club (our external strategy resources), the Creative Director (both for upstream creative ideation and directorial needs), EPs (as projects transition once executional), Business Affairs Manager /Legal team (for all MSA, NDA and contractual requirements) and the Commercial Manager (to ensure all decisions are taken with a commercial and creative balance).
• The BPM will lead, advise and manage the BP Coordinator/s and ensure growth and professional advancement within their positions. All taking place within working conditions which are in line with The Mill's vision for an energetic, challenging workplace that provides opportunities to grow and develop in a welcoming, upbeat, professional and diverse environment.
• The BPM will need to have a solid knowledge of the industry and be technically proficient. Where necessary applying this knowledge in support of the BP Business Development efforts.
• Preparing presentational materials and assisting in pitch situations. It is crucial that the BPT works in tandem with the wider Mill. The BPT is considered a layer which supports all departments within The Mill and works agnostically with the clients, to help them access The Mill at the opportune moment.
• The BPT is relatively new as a formal entity and it is important for the BPM to continue to prioritize connecting with staff internally and becoming an approachable advocate for the new skillset that the team can offer.
• Experience in branding, advertising agency or production environment within a client or account management position.
• Strong client facing and presentation skills, ability to inspire and lead others.
• Collaborate effectively with all internal and client stakeholders.
• Strong team player that is able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal/communication skills with a pro-active approach.
• Committed to high-quality output and service, with an eye for detail.
• Able to handle challenging situations by reacting and handling in an appropriate manner.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task a must.
• Solutions focused attitude.
• Highly proactive with a good sense of initiative.
• Discreet and confidential.
• Resilient and calm personality, ability to handle fast paced and changing daily tasks.
• Comfortable working within a team and independently.
• Solves client issues through agnostic approach to Mill product offering. Leading internal team to resolve conflicts and find solutions.
• Help to drive and manage highest creative work alongside Production, who will be responsible for delivery of executional projects to budget and time.
• Sharing thought-leadership and creative inspiration with client contact.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqe82-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.