The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
An Associate Compositor is the entry level position into the 2D Department, where they will create visual effects for commercials using both 2D and 3D techniques. They will work closely with directly under a Lead Compositor, who will assign and critique their work. They need to be highly efficient and organized in their technical and software abilities, while also be highly artistic and an excellent creative problem solver. They will combine technical and creative aspects with an innate understanding of the visual effects post-production process to provide solutions to the ever changing needs of the clients, often under extremely demanding deadlines.
• To be part of the Compositing team integrating multiple elements (live action footage, CG, stock elements etc.) and combining them to create the final image.
• Work collaboratively with other members of the Compositing team and other VFX departments and locations.
• Matching color, lighting, and exposure of elements to rendered or photographed elements
• Matte extractions from blue/green screen photography using Keylight, Primatte or IBK
• 2D/3D camera tracking
• Paint and rotoscoping
• Pursuing a degree in media or equivalent professional experience
• Experience Compositing with Nuke for advanced VFX / photo-real projects including CG integration
• Excellent people and project management skills.
• A strong creative eye and a problem-solving attitude.
• Great communication skills, able to work well in a team and with clients, creative leads etc.
• Knowledge of other VFX software such as Maya is an advantage.
• Basic knowledge of Flame or Nuke studio is an advantage
• Knowledge of projection mapping
• Sound aesthetic with good understanding of color, contrast, and lighting design
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Team player with great attitude
• Dependable and flexible
• Takes direction well and exercises close attention to detail
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqj2b-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.