The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The role of Art Director at The Mill is one of creative leadership, an unwavering eye to detail, and using the design process as a method of solving creative challenges. As an AD, you are responsible for leading teams of designers, animators, artists, and technologists to deliver world class content that exceed the expectations of the initial client brief.
You are hands on. Your experience was molded by broadcast, print and digital works. You are comfortable with the process from the initial call through final grade and delivery. You are organized, an excellent communicator, and unafraid to ask challenging questions at any point in the process. You care about the people sitting next to you and want to see them grow and learn.
• Project leadership that includes conceptualizing of design briefs, planning the approach, and leading teams through project delivery. Calm and respectful under pressure. Working closely with our Head of Design and Operations team to identify the strengths with our team and resource jobs
• Experience bidding a diverse range of projects from 2D cell animation to C4D pipeline based jobs to interactive projects.
• Comfortable writing your own treatments and adapting to solve the client creative brief
• Organizing, identifying strengths within our team, and briefing other members of the creative team and lead successful client sessions for project kick-offs.
• Supervise and Inspire the team to produce outstanding work.
• Create, design and animate when necessary; you should be comfortable working in 2D and 3D design.
• Mentor junior talent within the design department
• Be involved throughout the project, ensuring a reliable contact with clients and the team to deliver results within tight deadlines.
• 3+ years of Art Direction experience
• Solid presentation skills and comfortable with being the client-facing representative of The Mill
• Strong typography
• Animation experience
• Ability to translate concepts into creative design and mentor junior staff members.
• Knowledge of Adobe CC, C4D, and Affect Effects
• Experience in AR/VR/interactive projects
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqq4pz-34-239-154-240-42 in your application.