Los Angeles, CA
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
A 3D Animator must work closely with our Animation Supervisor and fellow animators to augment and develop their techniques, research and incorporate new technology, as well as develop an in-depth awareness of client requirements and how to co-ordinate and guide them through the creative process.
Along with this they will require a base understanding of animation rigging/set-up and CG character animation. Their skills and experience in these areas will allow them to progress to the position of a 3D Artist where they will be expected to lead meetings with clients and attend shoots to advise upon the most effective ways to shoot for high-end special effects.
• Working closely with 3D Artists, Leads and the Animation Supervisor to ensure the clients' requirements are met.
• Working under the guidance of the Senior 3D Artists to grow and develop the Business, as well as implement working methodologies, manage large projects and coordinate the visual effects output and quality control.
• 3-5 years experience
• A degree in animation or computer graphics
• Familiarity with Maya
• Familiarity with Linux operating systems knowledge as well as experience of Windows.
• General knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, CAD and Nuke/After Effects
• An understanding of hair dynamics, animation rigging/set-up and 3D character animation.
• Knowledge of the software and hardware used in the post-production process.
• Demonstrate and understanding of the Visual Effects and associated pipelines
• Knowledge of MEL and/or Python for scripting and tool development is a plus, but not required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmkb9-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.