London, United Kingdom
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
What you'll do
We are currently looking for creative Animators to work with our team in our London and other offices. Our Animators are responsible for producing high-quality realistic and stylised animation for a variety of projects.
• Animating realistic and stylised Characters and Creatures for VFX and full CG projects
• Camera layout / previs
• Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
• Working closely with 3D Artists, Leads and the Animation Supervisor to ensure the clients' requirements are met.
• Experience working with mocap a plus.
What you'll need
• Solid understanding of animation production pipelines.
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
• Strong understanding of the principles of animation, with a keen eye for character pose and staging.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of basic real world physics and their application for animation.
• Thorough knowledge of Maya is essential.
• Proficiency with Linux desired.
• Qualification in Animation.
• Previous experience Animating in advertising, feature film or animation production - ideally realistic creatures or characters.
• Good organization and communication skills.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.