The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
We're looking for a creative and passionate Flame Artist to join our team in Chicago, somebody that has experience with shot work and compositing in Flame but mainly wants to support more senior artists while learning and growing toward becoming a Lead Flame Artist in their own right.
Job responsibilities include:
• Performing shot work and compositing in Flame
• clean up, beauty work, element integration, matte paintings, etc.
• Working closely with the Lead Flame artist and providing support on given tasks
• Liaising with Producers and client-oriented sessions.
• Maintaining flame archives and keeping regular backups of own workstation
• Transferring media between workstations and Flame
• Prepping slates, titles, files and graphic elements for use in the Flame
• Supports the Lead Flame in building conforms, delivery aspects and uploads for final approvals
• Experience with Autodesk Flame and F-Track required
• Experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Compressor Episode and Quicktime Pro preferred. Experience with Nuke / Nuke studio also a bonus.
• Experience in VFX for Advertising preferred
• Expert Knowledge of HD and SD Video formats
• Expert knowledge of file formats and compression methods / practices
• Ability to troubleshoot
• Must be able to multitask, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Creativity and a strong desire to work on shots and grow as a Flame Artist.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy3mem-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.