The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Mill Chicago is currently looking for an experienced Compositing Assist for immediate start. The Compositing Assists will act as the right hand people to Senior Flame and Nuke Artists literally working side by side with them. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world renowned team in an apprentice-type situation. We require individuals able to work autonomously in a fast paced environment to deliver a high level of compositing. You will have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and technical knowledge and have relevant experience in a commercial, film or TV environment.
• Simple conforms through to managing complete jobs involving numerous compositions using both 2D and 3D elements, attending pre-production meetings and managing large workloads to deliver on time to tight deadlines.
• Providing support within the compositing department by preparing client-provided art materials, planar tracking, camera tracking, rotoscoping, generating clean plates, and painting.
• Collaborating with the 3D artists and VFX supervisors to ensure the creation and supply of the best CG elements for Compositing to meet our clients' needs.
• Tracking of all elements associated with each job, maintaining and performing Flame and Nuke archives, and keeping regular backups of workstations
• Flexible schedule-may need to work late and/or on weekends
• A minimum of 2 years experience on Flame, Nuke, or Flare in a professional capacity
• Must be highly visually creative with an excellent knowledge of visual effects techniques and post production software and hardware.
• Desktop graphic applications experience is advantageous.
• Exemplary communication skills and a flexible attitude to workflow.
• A motivated approach and high service/work ethic.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9pyk-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.