Senior Content Financial Analyst
Santa Monica, CA
Tennis Channel's Controller/VP Finance oversees and manages our finance team. This individual facilitates a strong working relationship with our COO/CFO and is seen as a ''right hand'' for the COO/CFO.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supervise a staff of 4 responsible for general accounting, including A/P, G/L, Payroll, and Freelance Payroll - with direct supervision over the Director of Accounting (who functions as an Assistant Controller).
• Supervise the annual budget and quarterly forecast process – with direct supervision over a Director of Finance.
• Review quarterly operation meeting decks presented by the CEO and COO/CFO to Corporate executive management.
• Responsible for the two-day month-end close and submission to Corporate.
• Work directly with the Corporate tax team members and reviews all necessary schedules/support for various tax files (City, County, State, Federal, and other).
• Prepare monthly financial statements, management reports, and ad-hoc reporting.
• Review and approve employee expense reports.
• Implement Corporate accounting and general business policies and procedures.
• Maintain relationships with various Corporate accounting and financial reporting contacts.
• Work with Corporate Shared Services (i.e., month-end close, account reconciliations, and new project initiatives)).
• Interface personally with other department heads to provide financial support and analysis.
• Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and pride handling all matters within department.
• Help build and maintain business plans and income statements for new business initiatives.
• Develop, implement, and maintain accounting functions and processes for company acquisitions (M&A).
• Manage and complete special projects on a regular/consistent basis as assigned.
• CPA required
• Bachelor's degree in accounting
• Minimum of 12 years progressive accounting and finance experience (5+ of those years in management)
• Strong understanding and previous application of GAAP
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
• Experience in annual budget and forecasting process
• Hands-on, willing to work in the details and assist all members of the department where necessary
• Entertainment industry experience preferred
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!