Full Time Job
Supervisor Of Technology
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWTSP is seeking a Supervisor of Technology to assist in managing all broadcast facility equipment and systems, including audio, video and I.T. infrastructure across all departments. This position reports to the Head of Technology & Operations and will direct and oversee portions of the day-to-day operation of the Technology department. Responsibilities will include management of team members, hands-on maintenance of infrastructures such as broadcast equipment, transmitter, IT network and staff members' training.
• Make operational/maintenance decisions supporting equipment and staff across multiple departments.
• Maintain compliance of FCC rules and regulations.
• Manage a team that maintains and designs broadcast systems integration (IE: routers, control room systems, studios, weather systems, digital asset management, and newsroom systems).
• Responsibilities for the maintenance and configuration of all network switches. Performing upgrades and configuring VLANS and ports.
• Normal shift is M-F days, but available to work various hours and days, including weekends, overnights, and holidays, as needed.
• Assist in planning and managing local, capital, and corporate projects.
• Purchase equipment and materials to keep daily operations functional requiring fiscal responsibility and good budget sense.
• Involved with short- and long-term budget planning with Head of Technology.
• Maintain operations of offsite venues including Transmitter and ENG locations.
• Research and understand new technologies and industry movements to help with future planning, innovation, and expense management.
• Provide technical insights and work collaboratively on projects to enhance our overall productivity and end user products.
• 3+ years of managing mission-critical technical environments at a TV station, production facility or related tech operation.
• Cisco network switch certified. Can configure ports and perform upgrades on core switches and firewalls.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and non-technical end users.
• Demonstrated leadership, team management, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Be able to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines focused on customer service and satisfied stakeholders.
• Excel as a ''hands-on'' engineer when needed, capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• 3 years of experience in field operations including trucks, satellite, microwave, and IP newsgathering technologies a plus.
• Reading and creating detailed engineering documentation.
• 3 years of experience in broadcast systems, networking, servers, desktop, monitoring, end user support.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education and a minimum of five years' experience in a broadcast operations and technology role is a plus.
• Provide strong leadership skills to manage technology team. 2 years or more of leading a team.
• Strong technical knowledge of overall broadcast facility including transmitters, A/V routers, cameras, automation systems, graphics, branding, and I.T. networking systems.
• Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and engineering updates as needed.
• General understanding of building systems including HVAC, Electrical, and security is a plus.
• Excellent understanding of systems integration.
• Effective organizational and documentation ability. Project management and tracking tools.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
URL blocked - click to apply
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6e9nj-3-235-195-196-42 in your application.
TEGNA Inc. is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions.