WTOL is seeking a Supervisor of Technology to assist in managing all broadcast facility equipment and systems including audio, video and I.T. infrastructure. This position reports to the Head of Technology & Operations and will direct and oversee portions of the day-to-day operation of the Technology department. Responsibilities will include hands-on maintenance of laptops, desktops, computer networks, and broadcast gear including audio boards and video switchers.
• Support day to day operations of broadcast information technology systems, software, and equipment
• Maintain and design all broadcast related systems (IE: Evertz routers, Sony control room systems, production studios, WSI weather systems, Bitcentral asset management, and ENPS newsroom systems).
• Make operational/maintenance decisions supporting equipment and staff across multiple departments.
• Maintain compliance of FCC rules and regulations.
• Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals, including virtualization servers and network attached storage devices.
• Work with Windows Server 2016/2019 and Active Directory
• Ensure that facility hits monthly patching target.
• Responsibilities for the maintenance and configuration of all network switches, including VLANS and ports.
• Assist in planning and managing local, capital, and corporate projects.
• Purchase equipment and materials to keep daily operations functional requiring fiscal responsibility and good budget sense.
• Involved with short- and long-term budget planning with Head of Technology.
• Research and understand new technologies and industry movements to help with future planning, innovation, and expense management.
• Provide technical insights and work collaboratively on projects to enhance our overall productivity and end user products.
• Other duties as directed.
• 3+ years of managing mission-critical technical environments at a TV station, production facility or related tech operation.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and non-technical end users.
• Demonstrated leadership, team management, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Be able to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines focused on customer service and satisfied stakeholders.
• Excel as a ''hands-on'' engineer when needed, capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Reading and creating detailed engineering documentation.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education and a minimum of five years' experience in a broadcast operations and technology role is a plus.
• 3 years of experience in field operations including trucks, satellite, microwave, and IP newsgathering technologies a plus.
• General understanding of building systems including HVAC, Electrical, and security is a plus.
• Normal shift is M-F days, but available to work various hours and days, including weekends, overnights, and holidays, as needed.
• Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
• Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
URL blocked - click to apply
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvvjmj-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.