TEGNA is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team at the NSSC. Duties for this position include, but are not limited to, completion and maintenance of general ledger transactions, complex balance sheet reconciliations and financial reports for TEGNA business units. The role requires strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills. Has experience in commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within financial reporting and accounting. Utilizes good judgment in maintaining essential job functions through planning, analysis and follow up. Takes initiative on tasks that will result in operational efficiencies.
• Participate actively in month-end close process by preparing and analyzing monthly journal entries and reporting documents for TEGNA business units, as well as handling larger and more complex business unit needs.
• Reconcile and analyze assigned balance sheet accounts to supporting documentation. Demonstrate initiative to resolve any balancing issues in the reconciliations.
• Take on expense management accounting duties including auditing of receipts and proper use taxation.
• Establish and maintain a superior customer service relationship with the sites.
• Prepare various monthly reports and analysis for internal and external management and audit groups.
• Utilize good judgment in maintaining essential job functions through planning, analysis and follow up.
• Take initiative on tasks that will result in operational efficiencies.
• Perform other duties as required, including special projects.
• Bachelor's degree is preferred in accounting or business-related concentration with 0-2 years of related experience. Associates degree will be considered with equivalent experience.
• Good problem solving, organizational and time management skills. Analytical and detailed oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with emphasis on superior customer service.
• Good knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
• Strong systems orientation, with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Oracle Cloud ERP general ledger knowledge preferred.
• Shared service experience a plus.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rob6v3-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.