TEGNA Commercial Operations is searching for a highly motivated individual to assist with the format entry of program changes for a group of assigned TEGNA stations. This candidate must be extremely detailed, have outstanding organizational skills and be able to problem solve under tight deadlines. Strong communication skills in both verbal and written form are critical to the success of this candidate. This position reports directly to TCO Operations Supervisor. The success of the Programming Specialist will be measured by accuracy of programming, achieved best practices and improved standardization of formatting in WideOrbit.
• Using WideOrbit software, manage and enter program changes accurately for assigned TEGNA stations
• Work with station programming contacts to update WideOrbit to match station program grids
• Access network websites to obtain network programming information to update formats on daily basis
• Work closely with Inventory Specialist to communicate programming changes
• Assign appropriate automation information to formats for each station
• Adhere to TCO guidelines and work with stations on program change preemptions, reinstates, time shifts, etc.
• Work closely with other TCO Programming Specialists on program questions or issues, troubleshoot formatting issues with TCO Managers, TCO Inventory Specialists, and station contacts
• Be able to back-up programming team members by cross training on other station programming and additional networks
• Collaborate with TCO and station teammates to identify and communicate revenue opportunities to the sales team
• Work with TSC contacts to change formats as requested and adhere to standardization guidelines
• Provide a superb level of customer service to the TEGNA stations, as well as outside clients
• High school diploma (required)
• Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, or a related field (preferred)
• Broadcasting, cable or radio traffic or sales support experience (preferred)
• WideOrbit traffic system knowledge (preferred)
• Proficient with computer software/applications, including Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word and Excel (required)
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills (required)
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment (required)
• If you have relevant work experience, we are willing to train the right candidate
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvv54j-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.