KING is looking for an IT Specialist to provide technical support for the NBC affiliate in Seattle, Washington. The position is responsible for the integration, maintenance, operation, and support of broadcast and business information technology systems and reports to the Supervisor of Technology & Operations.
• Support day to day operations of broadcast information technology systems, software, and equipment
• Maintain, upgrade, and support broadcast Information Technology throughout the station including the studio and transmitter facilities
• Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals, including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and PC applications, LAN cabling, system security and virus protection
• Have experience with or knowledge of Windows Server, and Active Directory in a complex LAN and WAN computing environment. Support network security, network rights, naming standards, login scripts, and software upgrades.
• Create and maintain wiring documentation, and system configuration documentation
• Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, studio production and workstation products
• Willing to train on IT and Broadcast system operation and maintenance to service all aspects of the television environment
• Ensure that facility hits monthly patching targets
• Be available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays
• Other duties as directed
• Work closely with the Technology and Operations, Sales, and News departments and with corporate IT support
• Effectively communicate the status of problems, provide updates to progress on projects, and offer solutions to technical issues
• Computer Science or IT related degree or equivalent education and experience
• Solid understanding of current computer hardware, network technologies, and Microsoft's Active Directory environment
• Understanding of file-based multimedia technologies and video edit systems is a plus
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical end users
• Have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule in support of a 24x7x365 operation
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Budgeted Compensation Range: $67,000 - $77,000 ($32.22 - $37.02)
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r06qe1-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.