Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job Description13WMAZ is seeking a talented, driven, self-starting Commercial Producer/Editor to join our creative team. From creating video for television and online with your non-linear editing skills to strategizing with local customers to writing scripts and overseeing the entire production process, this is a hands-on role that requires someone with a complete vision and understanding of what makes a commercial stand out in the Macon market. If you enjoy working in a highly creative and collaborative atmosphere, thinking on your feet, and managing multiple projects for varied customers, this is the job for you.
• Meets with the station's account executive and customer to come up with creative concepts for commercials.
• Expert user of non-linear editing and creative tools like Premier Pro, Photoshop and After Effects.
• Writes scripts that meet/exceed client expectations and 13WMAZ creative standards.
• Runs shoots, managing crew/talent/customer needs while maintaining a professional atmosphere.
• Ensures quality of product meets/exceeds customer expectations and 13WMAZ creative standards.
• Experience shooting with DSLR cameras required.
• Experience with location audio and lighting.
• Writes/produces/edits long-form vignettes and special programs (as needed).
• College degree preferred, but not required.
• 2 years of relevant professional work experience or related experience.
• Mastery of Adobe Suite and other production products preferred.
• Must be comfortable working with customers and station's account executives.
• Must be a self-starter, with the ability to keep track of multiple projects.
• Must be deadline-oriented, maintaining quality while staying on schedule.
• Must be an excellent communicator and leader in a sometimes high-stress environment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and similar products a must.
• Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
• Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
URL blocked - click to apply
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk18yk-3-235-195-196-42 in your application.
TEGNA Inc. is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions.