KYTX, The TEGNA CBS affiliate in Tyler, TX is looking for a Broadcast Director/Editor. The person filling this role will be tasked with the technical directing and switching of our live broadcasts using a Production Control Switcher and editing newscasts. As a director, you're the last line of defense of our product before it hits the air. As an editor, you are the gateway between content and audience. We are seeking someone who can execute transformation and growth of our visual product in the ever-changing world of live local news and bring some forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us draw in diverse viewers.
• Oversee the overall look of our product across multiple platforms.
• Ability to adapt and quickly change on the fly for breaking news and unexpected special events.
• Knowledge and experience with operation and understanding of studio cameras, production switchers, video routers and audio consoles and graphics systems
• Efficiency with ENPS, Bitcentral, Chyron, Edius
• Must have 1-3 years experience as a non-linear editor.
• Ability to work with a team of people to achieve clean newscasts.
• Have high attention to detail to find and correct problems before they hit the air.
• Must be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
• Ability to work with a flexible schedule is a must.
• May require mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be flexible with scheduling, including but not limited to, breaking news and illness.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
• Experience with Edius and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
• Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvv0yj-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.